Friday, March 13, 2009

Mission Completion

Well, it took a lot longer than expected, but here is my new, better organized studio!

I used to have a card table sitting practically in the middle of the room just for my Janome sewing machine to sit on. My husband and I just found this little folding table a few weeks ago that fits perfectly as a return off my Juki table, and is a great size for the Janome. Now I can just turn to the side when I need to sew something more delicate. :)

To be honest with you, it's still not really where I want it to be. But I definitely feel that I am better utilizing the space that I have now. So here's a little tour.


When I am sitting at my Juki, this is the closet to my left. I removed the closet doors shortly after this room became my studio so the room would feel more open and I could have more space. Because I work mostly with upholtery fabrics, I have these giant rolls to deal with. So for the time being, this is where they live.



This is the left side of the closet where I store lighter weight cottons on bolts. I also have some hanging on hangers, but that is only because I haven't taken the time to put that all on to bolts as well. FYI Joanns will give you used cardboard bolts for free if you ask. . . :) This is also where I wrap packages for mailing.



And this is my cutting area. Lord willing, someday I will have my ideal table to cut on, but for now this one works just fine. :)


There are other things that I want to share, but I'll wait for another time. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment