Saturday, May 15, 2010

love, love, love

Okay, so I don't normally write about mushy love stuff. . . but I am going to today. :)

In approximately 6.5 hours, the boys and I will be picking Tim up from the airport. He has been in Texas for six days, but it has felt like months have gone by! This is the longest he has ever been away from us.


I really didn't think it would be hard without him here. About four years ago, he was working retail and we rarely saw him, and I was okay. So how bad could six days be? Well, I have definitely learned a few things while he was away:


- He makes me laugh harder than anyone else can


- As much as I think he is the one who leaves stuff all around the house. . . I see now that I do it too :/


- He is my motivation to take care of our home


- Dinners were not the same.


- I do not sleep well at all in bed alone.


- The love that the boys have for him has brought me to tears this week



There are so many other things that I could write. . . .

It's so crazy to think that ten years ago, I appreciated Tim's good looks above almost anything else. I still like the fact that he is good-looking ;) but I love the man that the Lord has made him to be. He is the one that God chose to be my husband, the leader of our home, the father of our boys, and I am so very thankful.

I am deserving of hell, and yet, by the grace of God, I get to be married to this wonderful man! Thank you, God!!

1 comment: